Need wheels while we service / repair your pride and joy ?
We also have a work ute so you don’t miss a days graft because your old trusty let you down !
Full Tyre Service and Change Joondalup
Tyres are often the most neglected part of our cars, but tyre checks and services are important not only for safety reasons, but also for fuel efficiency and vehicle performance.
At Carcare Joondalup, our qualified and friendly mechanics have a wealth of experience carrying out tyre checks and services.
At our auto repair shop in Joondalup, Northern Perth, we conduct full tyre checks, including puncture repairs and tyre rotation. If you need a tyre replacement, we also stock new tires for all types of cars, with up to 24-inch wheels from all major brands, including Nexen.
Why it’s Important to Have Your Tyres Checked
Poor tyre condition can lead to dangerous driving and can also affect overall fuel efficiency and vehicle performance. Your tires will inevitably wear over time, but checks can reduce risk and increase your car’s longevity.
- Worn tires are more likely to lose air pressure, which can lead to a variety of issues. Underinflated tires can’t grip the road properly, and can negatively impact steering and braking and rack up mileage costs.
- Low tyre air pressure causes the tread to wear out quicker, which means you have to replace them sooner than expected.
- Proper tyre tread is important for optimum handling and dependable traction. As the tread wears over time, grooves on the tyre become shallower and lose their ability to effectively displace water. This means that tyres can no longer grip as easily and are more likely to skid.
- Driving creates friction between your tires and the road and this creates heat. Grooves in your tyres tread are designed to minimise the heat by allowing air to flow in between. When the grooves are worn, the airflow declines and the tire heats up, making it more susceptible to failure.
Do My Tyres Need a Service?
If any of the following apply to you, then you may need a tyre service/change:
- Do your tyres have a minimum 1.6mm of tread across the full tread width? If you’re unsure, does the surface look smooth? If so, your tread might be dangerously worn and your tyres may need replacing.
- When driving down a straight road, does your car pull to one side or the other? While this may be caused by improper wheel alignment, it may also indicate a tire issue.
- Can you hear squealing sounds when turning a corner at normal speeds? If so, this might be a sign of a problem with your tyres.
If none of the above relate to you then you might still be due for a tyre check-up. If you haven’t had your tyres checked in a while, it’s important to do so to ensure the safety of your vehicle. Our professional mechanics are here to give you peace of mind.